Despite spending his nights busy having a Kiki with the Scissor Sisters, the wonderfully talented Rod Thomas aka. Bright Light Bright Light took the time to whip up ‘Tough Love’ for our Hard Candy X mixtape series.
It straight up pop on ‘Tough Love,’ a trip back to an endless collection of classics seamlessly woven into some of our newest favorites. Standout moments include Kylie‘s ‘Slow‘ vs. Kindness ‘That’s Alright,’ and re-imaginations of Crystal Waters, Pet Shop Boys, Madonna, Kelis and Lana Del Rey – just to name a few. It’s delicious! Take the journey below…
Included on the mix is his latest single, the energetic ‘Feel It‘ infuses the heart of 90’s house (think Sonique‘s ‘It Feels So Good’ meets Aretha Franklin‘s ‘A Deeper Love,’) with a fresh, infectious chorus. The video for ‘Feel It’ finds Thomas on a romp through NYC with Scissor Sisters own Del Marquis. One of the standout tracks on the very diverse new album Make Me Believe In Hope, out on iTunes now – we highly recommend you check it out.
1. Shawn Christopher – Don’t Lose The Magic / Kelis & Calvin Harris – Bounce
2. Lady Gaga vs Madonna – Deeper Telephone [Bright Light Bright Light Bootleg]
3. Crystal Waters – 100% Pure Love
4. Bright Light Bright Light – Feel It
5. The Beloved – Your Love Takes Me Higher
6. Kylie – What Do I Have To Do?
7. Alison Limerick – Where Love Lives [Classic Mix] / Pet Shop Boys – What Have I Done To Deserve This?
8. Kindness – That’s Alright / Kylie – Slow
9. Golden Girls – Kinetic / The Source – You Got The Love / Cher – Believe
10. Rui Da Silva – Touch Me
11. Elton John vs PNAU – Phoenix / Bright Light Bright Light – Moves
12. Delorean – Endless Sunset
13. Casiokids – Golden Years
14. BT – Loving You More
15. Shy Child – Disconnected
16. Lana Del Rey vs Madonna – Lana Del Rey Of Light [Bright Light Bright Light Bootleg]